Moth Journals

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ghosts

If I were my usual angst-ridden self (ye gods, am i actually on the road to recovery?) my ordinary readers would probably assume that by ghosts i refer to shadowy, painful remembrances. But heave a sigh of relief as I spare you from all that drama. I mean I-see-dead-people ghosts.

Nothing exciting really. I stayed overnight alone at the office for the first time. This huge dark cave of an office. I thought there would be Graveyard people on shift but I was mistaken. Hence I found myself alone at 1am.

I've heard the guys talking about THEM. I neither believe nor disbelieve. All I can tell you is that I heard a girl's voice. Let me sketch a picture for you. It's 2am at the office. I was alone with the hissing sound of fumigation from the whole mall (yes, I was that unlucky). This whole damn area was darker than usual and smoky. The fans were whirring from the far end of the room. F's rock music was a dull whispher. You could see dust motes doing pirouettes in the milky light. I had settled myself in for some few quality hours of work and games when I really heard and saw it. Nothing substantial I assure you. But I heard this girl's voice. I WASN'T expecting it so I know I heard it. It was unintelligible speech and now that I think hard, it appeared to be coming from overhead from the left side of the wall were the servers were. I tried not to look and I tried not to hear. But a shadowy movement crossed my peripheral vision from the left. That's when I stood up and turned up the rock music REALLY loud. And snatched H's Stitch, hugged him real tight, and closed my eyes.

A little side story about Stitch. I've been trying to borrow the little tyke from the Angel Uriel for a year now but she's been very difficult. Claims the poor dirty thing is a squatter about to be reclaimed by his master. Surprise, surpise, after my usual spiel of borrowing Stitch, the Angel Uriel acceded readily. Ha. Synchronicity, see? I needed Stitch to keep the ghosts at bay with his soft dirty paws. hehe.

What WOULD be interesting though is if a ghost actually stood in front of me. Maybe next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're free to borrow him anytime. Just be sure to give him back each time.

Uriel

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home