Moth Journals

Monday, November 27, 2006

5-Star Day

Nope, I don't go to 5-star hotels but thank God, I still get 5-star days.

Today was perfect. Yes, the sun was shining fierce enough to crisp and worrying me about global warming but I had a great day nonetheless.

I went to the gym after sleeping in late. It was my second session into the program and M was starting me off lite. Very lite. The important thing, though, was that he was getting the feel of what I was capable of doing and that I was doing everything well. Sometimes I would tell him if the weight I was lifting was too light but that was about it. Not a single dizzy spell. Yeah!

There was a break while we were at the machines and I tried to tell him about the single most important thing I forgot about the conditions I had. Yes, on top of asthmaMVPscoliosis, I had something else. I wasn't sure he would recognize the medical term so I just showed him. Or rather made him feel my ribs. (No, not to cop a feel you pervert.) Enough said. This condition of mine makes me VERY sad.

M is a fellow Peyups grad. The weight lifting and exercises went by faster while we reminisced about good ole UP. A lot of UPians finish masters and dissertations. It's that hard to leave UP. I asked if he did the usual rounds of UP gimmicks and apparently he did. I was glad. Nobody should miss out on those. We covered religion, spirituality, college life, drinking in the Sunken Garden, family life, and relationships. Not bad for a one-hour session. Am I being discriminatory if I say I've missed talking to a fellow UPian? Or maybe it's just because my conversations have been restricted to an 8-year old and VERY obsessed gamers.

Next time, I intend to ask him about Sara's, Mommy's Thai food, the Oblation Run (hey, he says he joined a fraternity, maybe he RAN the Oblation Run... wooooot!) and Mang Jimmy's.

In the afternoon, Miel and I studied for his exams. I am so lucky to have time to review him for the past 2 days. Quantity time IS Quality time.

And all the while I'm reviewing him, I'm thinking, Hell, how did he get SO smart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home