Moth Journals

Sunday, February 12, 2006

War Games and Nail Polish

I usually have something to say when I blog. Well, this time, I won't even try. I am struck by an impulse to just write write write. (oh no... sounds like Kalihim lihim lihim... arrggg.. hand me the holy water and crucifix!).

Okay. I woke up late today. What a luxury! They say you know you're old when your idea of relaxing is sleeping. I slept late and luxuriated in my pillows and blankets till Miel's activity finally seeped into my brain. I do my toilet and run off to Smart to pay my phone bill. Those unforgiving bastards. hehe.... How DOES my phone bill get that much? Will definitely have to get the company pay for it. After 20 years in Watson's to get Miel's vitamins (darn I really hate waiting)I run outside for transport home. The sun is beating on my head and I'm looking at my watch. I hesitate between the jeepney (7.00) and the taxi (roughly around P60 if the taxi driver is a scammer). I think of all the poor and hungry in the world and climb into the jeepney. But after an eternity... okay... it was 60 seconds... I squash my conscience and get into the taxi. The taxi drivers all heave sighs of relief. They scramble to go one cab up the line. Getting home, our room is occupied by ps2 challengers. Lunch comes around. Hmmmm... what was lunch? I forget. Ahhh... some meat in red sauce and bagoong. I had to ask our cook about it. It looked (and probably sounds) unpalatable. It wasn't half-bad.

Over text, James tells me about his War Games activity. He has told me earlier when we were having our obligatory McDo lunches that I would like his War Game pals. Cool hair and tattooes. Because I display interest (well... doesn't shooting guys sound like fun?!) he tells me to buy my own gun. Hmmmmm... 15k? Maybe... maybe not...

Miel and I play with his Battle B-daman's. He tears em apart and he laughs at me while I try clumsily to put them together. To his credit, though, he sure knows how to give clues and hints how the parts come together without just telling me how to do it. Hmmm... sign of intelligence... = )

Afternoon... we pop a bag of butter popcorn and watch Initial D on the dvd player. Man, racers are so cool. Specially the slalom racers (The little prince had to teach me that).

I KNOW. I WON'T BE CARSICK. I WANT TO DRIVE LIKE THAT. Brave words from somebody who's afraid to learn how to drive. Well, no, give me my own car and I'll learn.

So, robots, War Games, and car racing. Gads, why can't I think of make-up and nail polish or hair rebond?

I almost forget. Distracted the whole day. Half my mind on everything. What happened to the Little Prince? Darn, it's so abnormal to worry SO MUCH about somebody I haven't even met. I mean, I REALLY WORRIED. Okay, enough of the caps lock. Fortunately, he texts that he is all better (well not entirely) but I get to meet his friend FDL. F was relatively quiet. He must have been very busy in his cafe. He seemed nice, though.

And here I am blogging. I may yet to fight my way to the Bodhi tree, or visit a Japanese temple or shrine. Jerry Yan may yet have to lay his eyes on me and become instantly my slave. But for the meantime, I am happy. (Even if I had to walk several blocks and hide out in the bushes to smoke half a cigarette) But cuddling Miel, watching anime and reading my books, and talking to my friends and the Little Prince... well, I'm happy.... just how many people can say that without lying through their teeth?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lia Amanda said...

Hey maru! :)

Artie does war games, airsoft! It's fun daw pero big investment, aside from the gun, u have to buy mga protective gear kasi it hurts when u get hit.

I think the cheapest, but nice guns u can get are around 4k :)

La lang heheh!

Hello, hello!

12:16 PM  
Blogger angelgirl said...

hahaha! Little prince huh! Nice code name for Rudolf!


No comment! I go for nail polish and rebond! =)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home